Summer is the season of love and what better way to celebrate that love than with a dreamy wedding under the sun? From the warm breeze to the golden hues of the sunset, a summer wedding can create the perfect backdrop for a day filled with joy and romance. But planning a summer wedding can be overwhelming, from choosing the ideal venue to selecting the right decor and menu. That’s where this ultimate guide comes in.
Say ‘I Do’ to summer bliss with our expert tips and tricks for planning the perfect summer wedding. Whether you’re looking for beachy vibes or a rustic countryside setting, we’ve got you covered with everything you need to know. So sit back, relax, and let’s dive into the world of dreamy summer weddings.
Benefits of having a summer wedding
Summer weddings are a popular choice for many reasons. One of the biggest benefits of having a summer wedding is the weather. With the sun shining bright and warm temperatures, outdoor ceremonies and receptions are popular. This allows for more flexibility regarding venue options and creates a relaxed and laid-back atmosphere for guests.
Another benefit of a summer wedding is the availability of fresh flowers and produce availability. Summer is the peak season for many flowers, including roses, peonies, and dahlias. This means you can have a beautiful and fragrant bouquet without breaking the bank. Additionally, summer is the season for fresh and delicious fruits and vegetables, which can be incorporated into your menu for a tasty and healthy meal.
Lastly, summer weddings often give guests an excuse for a mini-vacation. With school out and many people taking time off work, guests are more likely to be able to attend your special day. Plus, summer is a time for fun and relaxation, making it the perfect season for a wedding celebration.
Tips for having a dreamy summer wedding
1. Choose an appropriate summer wedding theme
Regarding summer weddings, there are endless themes to choose from. One popular theme is a beachy or tropical wedding. This theme incorporates seashells, palm trees, and vibrant colors to create a fun and relaxed vibe. Another popular theme is a rustic countryside wedding. To create a cozy and intimate atmosphere, this theme features natural elements such as wood, burlap, and wildflowers.
Consider a garden or vineyard wedding for a more elegant and sophisticated theme. This theme incorporates lush greenery, flowers, and twinkling lights to create a romantic and dreamy ambiance. Another option is a bohemian or boho-chic wedding. This theme features macrame, feathers, and dreamcatchers to create a laid-back, free-spirited vibe.
2. Pick the perfect venue for a summer wedding
Choosing the right venue is one of the most important decisions when planning a summer wedding. The venue sets the tone for the entire event and can impact the overall experience for you and your guests. When choosing a venue, consider location, size, and amenities.
Consider a venue with a beautiful garden or park for an outdoor summer wedding. This provides a natural backdrop and allows for plenty of space for guests to mingle and enjoy the scenery. If you’re looking for a beachy or tropical vibe, consider a venue with access to the beach or a pool. This provides a fun and unique atmosphere for your guests to enjoy.
If you prefer an indoor venue, look for one with plenty of natural light and air conditioning. This will keep you and your guests cool and comfortable during the summer heat. Additionally, look for a venue with ample space for dancing and socializing.
3. Decide between an outdoor vs. indoor wedding early on
While outdoor weddings are popular in summer, they have some drawbacks. One of the biggest challenges of an outdoor wedding is the weather. Summer weather can be unpredictable, with sudden rainstorms and extreme heat. This can impact the comfort of your guests and the overall success of the event.
On the other hand, indoor weddings provide a more controlled environment. As a result, you can ensure that your guests are comfortable and protected from the elements. Additionally, indoor venues often have more amenities, such as air conditioning and catering facilities, which are, of course, fundamental to any wedding regardless of your preferred wedding packages in Manila.
Ultimately, deciding between an outdoor and indoor wedding depends on personal preference and budget. If you’re set on an outdoor wedding, have a backup plan in case of inclement weather.
4. Select a summer wedding attire for the bride and groom
When it comes to summer wedding attire, comfort is key. For the bride, consider lightweight fabrics such as chiffon or organza. These fabrics are breathable and flowy, providing comfort and elegance. Additionally, consider a shorter or tea-length dress to keep cool and comfortable during the summer heat.
For the groom, consider a lightweight suit in a light color such as beige or light grey. Linen or cotton blends are great for a summer wedding, as they are breathable and comfortable.
When it comes to footwear, consider wedges or sandals for the bride and dress shoes or loafers for the groom. This will ensure you and your bridal party are comfortable and can enjoy the day without sore feet.
5. Think of summer wedding decor ideas to incorporate into your wedding
Summer weddings provide endless opportunities for beautiful and unique decor. Consider incorporating natural elements like flowers, greenery, and wood to create a dreamy and romantic atmosphere. Here are some decor ideas to inspire you.
- Flower crowns: Flower crowns are a popular accessory for summer weddings, providing a natural and bohemian look.
- Hanging lanterns: Hanging lanterns provide a whimsical and romantic ambiance, especially when paired with twinkling lights.
- Citrus accents: Incorporate fresh citrus fruits such as lemons, limes, and oranges into your decor for a bright, summery look.
- Natural wood elements: Use natural elements such as wooden signs, tables, and chairs to create a rustic and cozy atmosphere.
- Wreaths: Wreaths are a versatile decor element used on chairs, doors, and walls to add a natural and romantic touch.
6. Determine the summer wedding menu and drinks
When it comes to the menu for a summer wedding, consider light and refreshing options. Fresh fruits and vegetables are a great choice; they are in season and provide a healthy and tasty option. While your choice of catering services in the Philippines can customize a menu for your wedding, here are some menu ideas to inspire you.
- Grilled vegetables: Grilled vegetables such as zucchini, peppers, and eggplant provide a flavorful and healthy option.
- Fruit salad: A fresh fruit salad is a refreshing and light option for a summer wedding.
- Seafood: Seafood such as shrimp, crab, and lobster provide a beachy and tropical vibe.
- Gazpacho: Gazpacho, a cold tomato soup, is a unique and refreshing option for a summer wedding.
When it comes to drinks, consider refreshing and fruity options such as sangria, mojitos, and margaritas. These drinks provide a fun and festive option for your guests to enjoy.
7. Scout for entertainment ideas for your summer wedding
Consider incorporating fun and unique entertainment ideas for your guests when planning a summer wedding. Consider the following ideas.
- Lawn games: Lawn games such as cornhole, giant Jenga, and croquet provide your guests with a fun and interactive option.
- Photo booth: A photo booth with fun and festive props provides your guests with a fun and memorable experience.
- Live music: Live music, such as a band or DJ, provides a fun and lively atmosphere for dancing and socializing.
- Fireworks: A fireworks display is a spectacular and memorable way to end the night.
8. Manage the summer heat for your guests
The summer heat can be intense, especially for outdoor weddings. To ensure that your guests are comfortable and able to enjoy the day, consider the following tips.
Provide plenty of shade options such as umbrellas, tents, or trees to keep your guests cool and protected from the sun.
Offer water and refreshments
Provide plenty of water and refreshing drinks such as lemonade or iced tea to keep your guests hydrated and cool.
Use fans or misters
Fans or misters provide a fun and unique way to keep guests cool and comfortable.
Provide insect repellent
With the warmer weather comes more bugs, so be sure to provide insect repellent for your guests.
Other tips for planning a summer wedding
Planning a summer wedding can be overwhelming, but here are some tips to remember to ensure a successful, stress-free, and eco-friendly wedding event.
1. Start planning early
Summer is a popular season for weddings, so it’s essential to start planning early to ensure you get the venue and vendors you want.
2. Consider the timing
Schedule your ceremony and reception during the cooler parts of the day, such as the early morning or late afternoon.
3. Incorporate natural elements
Use natural elements such as flowers, greenery, and natural landscapes to create a beautiful and timeless photo backdrop.
4. Use recycled paper products
Use recycled paper products such as invitations, programs, and menus to reduce waste.
5. Choose sustainable and locally sourced flowers
Choose sustainably grown and locally sourced flowers to reduce your carbon footprint.
6. Use reusable decor
Use reusable decors such as lanterns, vases, and tableware to reduce waste.
7. Serve organic and locally sourced food
Serve organic and locally sourced food to support local farmers and reduce your carbon footprint.
Planning a summer wedding can be overwhelming, from choosing the perfect venue to selecting the right decor and menu. But with the expert tips and tricks above, you can ensure your summer wedding succeeds.