Have you set up a new online business and are anxious about how to promote it effectively? The internet abounds in scope to strategically market your business and grab the eyeballs of ready-to-convert leads.
Even if you lack technical expertise in online marketing, you can capitalize on the proven methods discussed in this post and experience exceptional success.
Top Tips to Promote Your Online Business from Scratch
You can make your online business stand out, grab the attention of prospective customers, and open up avenues for constant streaming of highly qualified organic traffic to your portal by embracing the tips shared below.
1. Create Your Own Website
The initial step for successful online marketing is to build a strong brand presence with a signature website. Your website is a seal of trust for potential customers who want to be convinced about the legitimacy of your business. Hire a professional or use content management software to create your site. If you’re a lawyer, having a professional website for lawyers can greatly enhance your credibility and provide potential clients with the information they need to make an informed decision about your services.
Any prospect would like to explore your website before making a conscious purchasing decision. You can lay the foundation of a cutting-edge promotional strategy with the website, as it boosts your:
- Credibility with high-quality, informative content that communicates your purpose clearly
- Branding efforts by exhibiting your credentials, mission, vision, cherished values, and unique identity markers
- Organic lead nurturing ability by displaying your contact info, products, and services in detail
- Discoverability with SEO (Search Engine Optimization) campaigns by allowing other sites to provide backlinks, increasing site visitor engagement with content and other techniques
- Customer support experience
- Analytical ability to understand what works best to engage prospects and what distracts them
2. Publish High-Quality Content on Your Website
You need laser-targeted, informative, and persuasive content on your website to attract and engage viewers.
Sprinkle the content with attention-arousing elements like infographics created with an infographic maker, videos, animations, etc., to help site visitors understand the concepts underlying your online business clearly.
This will serve to build their trust in your brand, which will pave the way for an inflow of higher organic traffic.
3. Engage in Regular Blogging
Dedicate a section on your site for publishing high-quality blog posts on a regular basis.
These posts can be about industry updates, new product launches, innovative interventions, improvements in customer experience, upcoming events, giveaways, etc.
Blogging will lend authority to your brand’s voice and help you connect with prospects at a personal level.
4. Carry Out On-Page SEO
Your marketing efforts will bear fruit when your website’s link starts appearing on the opening result page for relevant queries in search engines. For this:
- Conduct extensive research of short and long-tail keywords relevant to your niche and used by prospects to search for businesses like yours.
- Incorporate those keywords in content that experiences lesser competition from larger brands (a good keyword search tool can offer actionable insights).
- Optimize your site’s title tag and meta description with keywords and compelling content to ensure a higher click-through rate (CTR). These are read by prospects in search results to decide if they want to visit your site.
- Structure the content logically with permalinks, heading tags, and internal links for ease of navigation.
- Increase the webpage loading speed.
- Get insights into keywords used by prospects to reach your site by setting up Google Search Console/ Bing Webmaster Tools.
- Submit your site’s XML map to search engines for ease of crawling.
- Index new webpages in the console to make them appear faster in result pages of search engines.
All these exercises will help visitors browse through your online business conveniently and spend more time on your site.
Reduced bounce rate and higher engagement will convince Google that your business is catering efficiently to customers. This will improve your site’s SERP (Search Engine Result Page) rankings.
5. Focus on Link Building
Google will understand that your business offers relevant content for users if your site enjoys many backlinks from authoritative sites and blogs. For this:
- Publish qualitative content or guest posts on other websites with links to your site.
- Mention influencers in your content so that they can return the favor.
- Share posts on social media.
- Distribute press releases about important news and events in your industry.
- Sign up with online PR agencies like HARO (Help A Reporter Out).
- Create relevant hashtags for your posts to draw more viewers.
The backlinks will pour in more qualified leads to your site, which shall drive sales better. For more on link building solutions check out https://linkflow.ai/
6. Focus on Video Marketing
Videos have captured the popular imagination of online users like never before. If your video goes viral, the word about your business will spread like wildfire.
You can create different purposeful and contextual videos to help viewers make aware of your business. A good video collage maker empowers you to create high-quality visual content regularly with diverse collage templates. Use them to create explainer, how-to, DIY, tutorial, company culture, and brand awareness-type videos.
Publish videos on your site’s landing and internal pages, social media, YouTube, and other platforms to market your business with fun and quirky content.
7. Leverage Social Media Marketing (SMM)
Implement strategies for arresting the attention of social media users and convincing them about the sincerity of your customer experience enhancement approaches.
This will make your business enjoy a high brand recall rate, consistent patronage of brand advocates, and regular sales.
For drawing on the immense potential of social media:
- Post exciting, humorous, and engaging content regularly on Facebook.
- Tweet content generated by users, shed light on industry trends, and respond to customer queries on Twitter.
- Engage leads with visually appealing and multi-media-driven content on Instagram.
- Make prospects pay attention to your offerings through visual posts on Pinterest.
- Build a network on LinkedIn by offering authentic industry insights.
- Showcase new, meaningful content on Google Plus.
- Use Google Posts for publishing relevant business updates.
- Exhibit user-generated content through your social media pages.
- Organize contests, polls, quizzes, etc. to promote user interaction and motivate them with giveaways to visit your business page.
- Connect with niche social media influencers to promote your products.
- Learn from the best–sports marketers–who use platforms like greenfly.com/sports/broadcast-media-rights/ to engage their fans
8. List Yourself on Google MyBusiness
You can attract the attention of local customers by locally listing your business with Google, Yahoo, or Bing and getting verified through Google Reviews.
Update accurate contact information and highlight the best aspects of your business offerings with relevant images.
9. Benefit From Email Marketing
You can ask site visitors to register themselves by providing email ids. You may also collect email ids of willing niche prospects from other online databases.
Next, sign up for an automated email sender account or set up free accounts with email delivery programs to send promotional emails, newsletters, and other targeted communications to your leads.
10. Use Customer Testimonials To Win Trust
Lead conversion will become easier if your customers give honest reviews and feedback about your business as well as endorse the high quality and relevance of your offerings. Use testimonials to persuade new leads.
11. Improve Your Website With Insights From Google Analytics
Link your website up with Google Analytics to get actionable data on the interaction of visitors with your content, pain points, most searched items, least visited sections, etc. Use these insights to improve your site and drive higher sales.
12. Consider Investing in Paid Ads
If you have a budget to allocate, consider running PPC (Pay per Click) campaigns or enrolling for Google AdWords or Video Ads to get your business featured prominently for relevant search queries.
The tips discussed above will help your business gain a robust foothold in the competitive online marketplace and also secure higher footfall of qualified traffic.
Strategic execution and adaption of tips in alignment with your business priorities will certainly help you reap rich dividends in terms of spiraling sales and profits.