Creating your own homemade soap can help you include helpful and natural ingredients that your skin needs. You can also make soap as a hobby or turn it into a business. If you want to save money on your creative projects, buy the following five soap making supplies in bulk:
1. Soap Bases
Melt-and-pour soap bases are pre-made, meaning it’s easy to use and can be melted down in a double boiler or microwave. Here are some popular types of melt-and-pour bases that you can purchase:
- Glycerin soap base: Glycerin soap base is clear and odorless, allowing you to customize it with essential oils and fragrances. This soap base can also be a good option for making decorative soaps since you can embed botanicals.
- Shea butter soap base: This soap base features a creamy texture and produces a rich lather. Shea butter also has moisturizing properties, making it ideal for dry skin.
- Goat milk soap base: This product contains goat milk, a natural ingredient for making soap for all skin types. The goat milk soap base has medium lather and moisturizing properties.
- Olive oil soap base: This soap base has excellent foaming qualities and a significant percentage of extra virgin olive oil. With the neutral odor, you can add fragrance or leave it as is.
Other melt-and-pour soap bases include foaming bath butter, oatmeal, cocoa butter, and coconut oil. You can also purchase wholesale liquid soap bases, and they can be free from sulfates and parabens and contain certified-organic ingredients. Use liquid bases to make shampoo, conditioner, hand wash soap, and shower gel.
2. Soap Molds and Cutters
Soap molds are tools for shaping the soap mixture into different designs and forms. Plastic soap molds are a cost-effective option for creating custom soaps. Plastic molds require greasing or lining for easy soap release. Opt for silicone molds which make it easy to release soap without lining or greasing. Silicone molds come with intricate designs and individual cavity molds.
Wooden soap molds are made from sturdy, untreated wood and can form square or rectangular-shaped bars. Some wooden molds come with sliding or removable bottoms for easy soap removal. Other soap making supplies include straight or wavy soap cutters to help you attain the desired soap size or design.
3. Soap Colors
Soap colors are additives that give soap appealing tones. Mica powders are made from natural minerals that come in various hues like pearlescent and metallic. The natural mica colors don’t migrate in soap, giving you maximum control during soap crafting.
Soap pigments are another viable option since they offer more intense and opaque hues, such as lavender, green, violet, red, and blue. If you are working with melt-and-pour soap bases, use color blocks, which come in solid form. With color blocks, you can melt them into your soap base and get consistent coloration.
Seeds can be used for creating soaps to provide exfoliating properties and visual appeal. Here are common seeds to use for soap making:
- Poppy seeds: Add these to your soaps for a mild exfoliation effect and a speckled appearance. You can add these seeds to your melt-and-pour soap bases or cold process.
- Chia seeds: Add chia seeds during the trace stage for even distribution in your soap mixture. They come in black and dark brown hues for a textured appearance in your soap.
- Sesame seeds: These seeds are small and oval-shaped to add visual interest to your soap. With a mild nutty aroma, sesame seeds can enhance the scent of your soap.
- Fenugreek seeds: These seeds are slightly rough in texture, making them suitable for exfoliation in soap. Fenugreek seeds can impart a subtle herbal aroma to your soap.
5. Fragrance Oils
Enhance the scent of your soap using natural fragrance oils derived from plants. You can use fragrance oils for a melt-and-pour soap base or cold and hot process. Use these oils in your shampoo and liquid soap to attain mild or strong scents as per your preference. Rose and jasmine can add a floral scent to your soap, while sandalwood amber creates a grounding aroma. Creamy coconut can be a good choice for crafting summery and beach-inspired soaps.
Get Quality Soap Making Supplies
Invest in quality soap making supplies to create customized and appealing soaps. You can buy these items from vendors who offer bulk rates. Order wholesale supplies and start creating excellent homemade soaps today.