If you’ve been considering ways to spruce up your home, business, or vehicle, you might want to consider installing a window film. The possibilities of what you can do with window films are virtually endless! This ultimate guide will open your eyes to the benefits, types, and installation tips regarding window films.
Benefits of Window Film
Window films provide numerous benefits. They keep your space private while promoting natural light, saving energy by reducing heat and filtering harmful UV rays, and enhancing your space’s aesthetic appeal. Film can also provide additional safety – in the event of glass breakage, the film can prevent shards from scattering.
Types of Window Film
Decorative Window Film
More than just functional, decorative films can transform an ordinary window into an art piece. They come in various patterns and designs, including frosted, stained glass, or even custom designs.
Solar Control Window Film
These films help control light and heat, making a space more energy-efficient. They can reduce glare and block up to 99% of harmful UV rays, protecting your furnishings from fading while keeping your rooms cooler.
Safety and Security Window Film
By acting as a barrier, these window films can deter break-ins, prevent glass fragments from scattering during breakage, and withstand extreme conditions like storms, providing extra safety for your property.
Window Film Installation Tips
While you can choose to install window films yourself, getting a professional to do it can secure better results. However, if you decide to install them yourself, here are some tips:
- Clean: Thoroughly clean the windows before installation to ensure there are no particles that would prevent the film from sticking properly.
- Measure: Before applying, measure the window area and cut the film to fit. Remember, it’s better to oversize than under.
- Application Solution: Use a spray application solution. This helps you adjust the film position and squeeze out bubbles.
- Smoothening: Use a squeegee or a credit card to smoothen the film and eliminate any bubbles. Start from the center and move to the edges.
- Trim: Once you’re satisfied with the placement, trim the edges for a neat finish.
Now you know the benefits, types, and have a few handy tips for installing window films. Whether for aesthetics, privacy, protection, or energy efficiency, window films are a worthwhile addition to your space.